Saturday, April 23, 2011

This is why

There are two main reasons why you should never, ever EVER get your wisdom teeth removed while you are pregnant.

Number 1: They won't knock you out so you are awake for the entire procedure. Sure, you can't feel anything with the local anesthetic, but it's creepy and traumatizing to have two people digging and yanking and slicing in your mouth while you just sit there and watch. I just kept thinking "I hope this isn't what it's like when I have to give birth!"

And don't tell me that giving birth is different because you have all that going PLUS you can feel it. I know it's true, but don't tell me about it. I'm planning on staying in denial about labor pains for as long as possible, read: after the baby is born.

Number 2: Never get your wisdom teeth removed when you are pregnant, because it is just plain ridiculous for an expectant mother to be put on an all-liquid diet. Seriously. You think you have to pee every five minutes normally? Try eating nothing but soup and ice cream and you'll see how easy you had it before. I literally have to get up out of bed once every hour at night to use the bathroom. SUCK.

Those are the main two reasons. I mean, I'd like to say that a major drawback is the fact that your face feels like it's going to fall off because it hurts so much, but that's pretty much true whether or not you're pregnant. Of course, it doesn't help my already fragile self-esteem to have a swollen face in addition to a swollen everything-else, but I actually can't complain much because it's not really that noticeable except to me.

I feel kinda guilty that baby is missing out on a lot of nutrition what with all the ice cream I've been eating, but whatever. Not guilty enough to cook something better.

By the way, my little sister recently started a blog, and it is absolutely hilarious! I love it! I like reading Kate's blog because she posts pictures of Jane and Dan, and she's always referencing our inside jokes. Also, she has some really interesting and (occasionally) controversial opinions, and she keeps me updated on news that I might miss otherwise. I don't know if Dot's blog is going to be similar at all, but it is super fun to read. She has this natural writing talent that makes her ideas flow and resonate while simultaneously entertaining the reader. I hope she writes more about how and why she decided to investigate rawism; I know nothing about it and I'd like to learn more from someone who actually practices it, but who I trust. So many health nuts are just weird and crazy, and it's hard to find one who will just give it to you straight.

By the way, I think I should just add in here that I will never go raw. Ever. So don't even bother trying to convert me, crazy weird health nuts who are (most likely not) reading this.

2 comments:

  1. Man, blogging is fun! I am really starting to enjoy keeping up with you and Kate both through your blogs (I should probably start reading Joe's too while I'm at it). Thanks for the plug there at the end for my blog :) I plan on expanding it a lot here in the near future, with recipes and pictures etc. I make mostly raw food although I'm not 100% raw (yet). I really do love it though! And I feel unstoppable! Cheesy but true. I'm not trying to convert you to rawism or anything, but I would like to talk to you more about stuff soon. We need to do lunch! Maybe once everything slows down (you graduate, I get married) we can make a regular scheduled time once a week or something to hang out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Dot, according to your blog you already are married! Haha, I commented to mom about that and she was like "Yeah, that's a little weird." But you'd just have to rewrite your whole profile in a week or two, so it's easier this way. We definitely need to do a once a week lunch together! Except we shouldn't eat out every time because that gets expensive. You can make me some raw food (just no raw meat!)(and no fruit!) and I can make you... something, I'm sure. But yes, we'll for sure hang out once things settle down. And we should go for walks or something together, since you're really motivated to exercise and I NEED to be motivated to exercise!

    ReplyDelete