Thursday, September 2, 2010

This Blog

Those of you who know me and have followed my previous blog at livejournal.com (Okay okay, let's not be pretentious. There are about five of you: mom, Joe, Kate, Connie and Mykle) know that I am very inconsistent when it comes to posting new entries on a regular basis. However, I now have reason to believe that I'm going to improve in that area. And no, the reason isn't that I just made a new blog at a different server and that "I'm, like, so totally psyched about it!!" (ew) It's because I have recently begun working a graveyard shift one night a week at my job, during which I sit around and chill for eight hours. (That's basically it.) So now I have time set aside and nothing better to do than... well, this.

Of course, none of that necessarily guarantees any regularity in new entries. Nor does the following list of goals that I'm making guarantee any sort of success in their achievement, but it does help to get my ideas written down and organized.

Goals:

Write in this blog every week, or at least every week that I work a grave
Exercise for 45 minutes to an hour every grave shift (hah, not that you'll be able to tell)
Read and review a book at least once a month
Get 3+ regular readers who are NOT related to me (sorry mom, Joe, Kate, Connie and Mykle!) by this time next year
Post pictures at least once a month (book covers for book reviews don't count)
Get (on average) 1+ comments per post
Post something regarding my feelings on spirituality 10+ times per year
Write a Rave post for every Rant post (that one will be a challenge)
Post 4+ of my comic strips per month (no repeats, no using ones on my old blog)
Make 1+ lists for each entry
Lose 10 lbs
Make 6 figures per year

If you couldn't tell that those last two goals were facetious, you should probably stop reading now and move on to some other blog, since I am a big aficionado of sarcasm and tend to use it much more excessively than my mother prefers (sorry, mom).

So anyhoo, here's another list for you:

Words/Phrases that I CANNOT STAND:

Anyhoo
Okey dokey
Okalee dokalee
This is true
It's all good (mostly just annoying when my brother says it)
Ba dum, chhh! (aka, the sound of someone making fun of the fact that their joke totally failed)
Epic fail (waaaay too trendy for me, though "epic" and "fail" by themselves are not quite as cringe-inducing)
Ex-squeeze me
Hubby ("wifey" = not too bad; "hubby" = nauseating)
She has a bun in the oven
Baby-hungry (probably the worst one on this entire list)
Yuppers
Fudgesickles (as a replacement for the expletive) (I prefer "Fraggle")
Swashbuckler
How form babby?
How wude! (and ANYTHING else uttered by that IDIOT Jar Jar Binks in the new Star Wars movies)
LOL (I detest this abbreviation. I just think it's so retarded. When IMing, I just write out my laughter in "haha" form.)
Same diff
Guesstimate
Smize (for those of you who have never seen America's Next Top Model, congratulations)
ATM machine (the machine is not necessary)
PIN number (seeing as how PIN stands for Personal Identification Number, the second "number" is also unnecessary)
Mockumentary
My bad
Fo shizzle (almost any word that ends in "izzle" is probably annoying to me)
Hot diggity
Finagling
Oh my heck!
What the hey
Whatev
Whatevs
Schwatev
Schwatevs
Ridonculous
Chillax
Hella
For reals
Oh, for cute! (yes, people in Utah say that)
Absotively posilutely
Yeahhhhhhhno
I know, right?
Burlesque
Anytime people combine celebrity names to refer to a couple ("Brangelina," "Huddy," "Bennifer," "Zanessa," etc.)
Edutainment
Cankles
Schedule (pronounced "shejool")
Conch (pronounced "conk")
Swag
Well then

...and I'm sure there are more.

Now, to keep my goal, I have to make a Rave list as well. Therefore, here is...

Sarah's List of Baby Names That She Likes (names with an * means Mykle likes them too) (this list is in a boy-girl order)

Lucas*
Jane
Sam* (Mykle would only accept this name if it was short for Samwise. I managed to talk him into "Sammath," but that's where he's drawing the line. Our poor kids...)
Audrey
Stephen*
Allison/Alice*
Mark/Marcus*
Zoe* (though I personally prefer Zooey)
James
Olivia*
Jonah
Sascha* (I like this as a boy's name, but Mykle does not. And nobody ever takes my side!!)
Margot
Noah
Kaitlin
John
Esme
Scott*
Yvaine* (Eve or Eva for short)
Andrew
Valentine* (from Ender's Game)
Roark* (Mykle wants to spell it "Rhuarc." I think it's already weird enough as is without spelling it like rhubarb)
Julia
Everett
Jennifer
Mykle (I secretly prefer the normal spelling, but my husband likes it this way for some reason)
Adrienne
Rene (once again, Mykle only likes this for a girl)
Wendy (Mykle hates it b/c it reminds him of the fast food place)
Frederick
Lucy
Micah
Summer
Zachary
Dagny
Zane
Vaida
Elliot
Mavis
Eugene
June
Ferris (can't ever use it b/c of that movie)
Charlotte
Madden

Okay, now I'm getting bored. With this shift, bored easily leads to drowsy, which leads to sleeping, which makes a nice segue into getting fired. Adieu.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'll help you with your one-comment per post minimum, since I highly sympathize with that goal. It was once my own goal. Since then I have realized that my "rave" posts get no comments and my "rant" posts get dozens - of highly angry comments from people who disagree with me and take what I have written as personal comments on their lives. Sigh. Oh well. But actually, people tend to post often on posts which are book reviews.

    I want to read that list of words you hate out loud with Danny sometime, like for family night's activity or something. It seriously had me rolling on the floor hahahaha-ing my butt off.

    Random: if you want a laugh, look up the wiktionary definition of "twerp".

    ReplyDelete