Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Nephew!

Kate had her baby! This is probably redundant to all my readers, since I assume only my family members follow this blog. Therefore, I shan't ruminate on the subject (I actually don't know all that much about how it went, seeing as how I wasn't there), and will instead proceed to post a picture of baby Daniel (it's worth ~1,000 words anyway):


...Isn't he adorable??? The only kids cuter than Kate and Danny's are mine! Sure, I don't exactly have PROOF yet, but you know what they say: The proof is in the pudding. And despite the fact that I have no pudding, wait, this doesn't work. Never mind. Oh wait!!! I DO have pudding!! Here is an online simulator of what Mykle's and my kids are going to look like:



This one is Lucas Mykle Law. He'll be born first. We like the name Lucas because then Mykle can tell him, "Luke, I am your father!!" Star Wars = ftw.


Then we'll have a girl, probably named Lucy or Esmé. Lucy would be after Lucy Pevensie from the Chronicles of Narnia, and Esmé would be after a character from one of J. D. Salinger's nine stories. I'm also open to Zoë or Zooey, from Franny and Zooey, although the Zooey in that book is actually a guy whose full name is Zachary.


Then we'll have another girl, named Allison, only we'll call her Alice. Allison is the name of the woman who introduced my father to the church, and unintentionally introduced my parents to each other. Alice is from Arlo Guthrie's song "Alice's Restaurant," as well as Carroll's classic Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I want all of our children to be at least partially named after literary characters.

Then finally, another boy, who we'll name Sammath. I'd prefer Samson or Samuel, but Mykle was insisting on Samwise for awhile, and Sammath was the best compromise I could get. (He's a character in Garth Nix's Sabriel trilogy.) I'm naming this one after my best friend in high school, Sam Kurtis.


This one is a maybe, since I'm not sure if I want five children. If she's a girl, I think we'd name her Avery or Ava, or Yvaine (from Stardust). If he's a boy, I'd like to name him Jonah. We'll see.



Aren't my children so cute?? I'm excited to meet them! However, I am in no rush!!

No comments:

Post a Comment