Thursday, March 10, 2011

I feel pregnant...

...and it sucks. When I first got pregnant, there was like no difference except that I couldn't go too long without eating (and I couldn't eat too much at once) or I'd feel sick. I also craved hot soup almost constantly, but that's not too weird compared to the stereotypical pickles and ice cream. Then I started sleeping a lot more, causing Mykle to tell me that something was wrong and it was abnormal for anyone to sleep so much (I told Kate that and she laughed). Then I started getting fat, which was difficult emotionally but physically not very taxing... until now.

I can't sleep on my stomach at all anymore (which is awful, since I ALWAYS sleep on my stomach!) and I keep rolling over onto my back when I'm asleep. This means I wake up with a back ache. It now takes me an entire thirty seconds to bend over to pick something up, where it used to take five. I did a TON of housework yesterday, and by the time Mykle came home around 7pm, I was hobbling around like an 80 year old woman. It was ridiculous!

It's not that bad- I don't feel like I'm dying or anything- but it's not a barrel of laughs, either! I have had several people comment to me that I am, as Kate puts it, "the most mellow pregnant woman [she's] ever seen." So at least I'm not a bitchy mom-to-be. Although I have noticed that my Joe tolerance has gone way down since October. Hey, at least I'm only mean to ONE person! He should feel special! <3

*sigh* I knew that the whole "I feel perfectly fine!" thing wasn't going to last forever, but I sure enjoyed it while it lasted. Even though I'll miss talking to the girls at work, I'm very glad that I switched to all grave shifts. I filled in for someone this morning from 7am-3pm, and by the time I got off I was practically dead on my feet. At least on grave shifts I don't have to walk around and climb so many stairs.

2 comments:

  1. Just wait...in a few more months, it'll take FIVE minutes to bend over and pick something up. Oh yeah, and Janny says, "Pregnancy lasts until you can't possibly stand it for a minute longer...and then two weeks after that."

    Also, I wouldn't feel too bad about being tired after an 8 hour shift of work, because that is pretty normal even when you're not prego.

    Joe IS special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, Sarah, reading your experience is a joy! Expect a small package in the mail next week, priority mail!

    ReplyDelete