Wednesday, January 5, 2011

just so you know...

I know I haven't said it on facebook yet, but I am pregnant. I didn't post it there because I don't want the staff or the students at my work to find out for as long as possible. If the staff know, they might let slip to the girls, and if the girls know they might use it against me. I don't think they'd punch me in the stomach or anything (though that's entirely possible), but if I punish them for something they'd probably say stuff like "You're just mad because you're pregnant and hormonal, etc. I don't want to deal with that.

Of course, I told my supervisor about it. I'm not entirely stupid :)

Basically, I just wanted to make this post to brag about how economical I've been about the whole thing. So far, I have spent $115 and I have the following items:

- A crib
- A crib mattress
- Two strollers
- Two car seats that clip into the strollers
- The matching car seat bases
- A high chair
- An exersaucer

...so, I have most of the bigger items I'll need. Kate gave me her old chicco stroller, and Mykle and I found a matching car seat/base (with the infant insert) on craigslist for $50, in almost brand new condition. I got the crib and crib mattress (the latter of which is brand new) today, which I found on ksl for $65. The extra stroller, car seat/base, high chair and exersaucer I got on freecycle. The second stroller and car seat are a set, in excellent condition, with a Winnie the Pooh print. (My mother-in-law will LOVE this, since she adores Winnie the Pooh.) The print has a lot of blue on it, but it's not incredibly boyish, and even if I were adamant about my baby coinciding perfectly with their gender schema (which I'm not) I still wouldn't mind using it for a girl. Everything else is unisex- mostly green, actually.

I don't know yet whether or not I'm expecting a boy or a girl, but I find out at my next visit on January 19th! I'm excited to know. Mykle wants a boy, and I did too at first, but every time I visit Kate and Danny in Texas and see my little niece I change my mind! She is SO CUTE, basically the cutest baby on the planet, and the smartest too. She LOVES shoes, and will try on every pair that she finds. And if her shoes get dirty at all, she starts to cry. If her clothes or hands get dirty, no big deal :) Oh my gosh, I love her so much! I can't wait to see her again!

AND guess what?? I get to see her and little Dan (my baby nephew) and Kate and Danny in just a few weeks!! For a Christmas present, Mykle and my dad got me a flight to Houston to visit my sister! YAYYY!!! It's on the weekend right after my next ultrasound, which is great because when I get there I can tell them if I'm having a boy or a girl! And then Kate will probably give me tons of her old baby clothes (though if she doesn't, that is totally fine), and I'll bring them back to Utah and when Mykle sees them he'll get all freaked out again, like when I brought the exersaucer home! He's so nervous about having a baby, it's adorable!

So far, my new year has been great. I am so relieved not to be in school anymore! I haven't graduated yet even though I finished all my requirements; I applied for graduation too late last semester, and missed the deadline so that I have to graduate in April. Typical. Whatever, it doesn't matter. I actually have an incomplete in French 2020 to finish up, so it's cool. It'll probably take me two days to do all the work I need for that, it's wicked easy. I just have to do a bunch of worksheets, finish my paper on the Little Prince, and take the final exam. Cake.

...mmm, cake...

I saw an awesome movie in the dollar theater the other day- RED, starring Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman. Hilarious!! I saw it with the girls at work on one of their activities, but I liked it so much I dragged Mykle to see it with me later that week. I knew he would love it, and he totally did! The girl in it totally reminds us of Esther!

On Sunday I saw that new Reese Witherspoon movie with the girls at work (it also has Jack Nicholson and Owen Wilson in it), and I'm going to make Mykle see that one too when it gets to the dollar theater. He would love it, even if it is a romantic comedy. I'll just cover his ears when the f-word comes on (only at one part). I don't know why they had to stick the f-word in there, but I suppose any movie with Jack Nicholson in it is going to have some language. Owen Wilson is absolutely HILARIOUS in it! I liked RED better, but that's pretty much a given; it's like a comedic combination of the Bourne Identity and the A-Team, with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Richard Dreyfuss, and Helen Mirren in it. Obviously it's going to be good.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, btw, my due date is June 14th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with your thrift!

    btw, I sent to Dot the Christmas cards with family photos, people y'all would remember and know. I figure she'll show you and Joe, then mail them to Kate, where I can pick them up eventually...

    ReplyDelete